If you do a lot of analysis in Excel and you want to create reports in Word or PowerPoint, you can use your Excel charts and link them, so that they automatically update when the data from your spreadsheet changes.
How to link Excel to PowerPoint step by step
- Copy your Excel chart with Ctrl + c
- Go to PowerPoint and click Ctrl + Alt + v
- Choose Microsoft Excel chart object
- It is very important that you choose “paste link” (Verknüpfung erstellen) since this will link the data. This makes sure that any changes you make in your Excel document are reflected in your PowerPoint document.
- Your chart shows up now in PowerPoint
- If you go back to Excel and make a change, i.e. set one value to zero, your chart in Excel changes and it should also change in PowerPoint now
That´s all you need to link Excel to PowerPoint.
Of course, you can do the same thing with a table instead of a chart.
How to link Excel to Word
If you want to link Excel to Word it works exactly the same way.
Don´t forget to follow us for more Excel Tipps und Tricks.